Monday, October 1, 2007

Ernie and Bert

They had each other.

They always had each other. No matter what happened, they would be there for each other.

I don't have that, with anyone. I have two really close friends, but they're at a time in their lives where they are focussed on themselves. Which is great, for them. Their lives are moving forward in fantastic ways.

I need a friend whom I can call up and say, "Hey, why don't we get together for brunch on Saturday." Or, "Hey, what are you doing Tuesday night? Wanna catch a flick?".

And in return they'll say, Sure! Or, "I'm busy on Tuesday, how about Thursday?". Instead of requiring a month's notice to get together.

Basically, I need more friends.

So I'm on the hunt. For more friends.

I'm going to sign up at a local community centre for yoga classes. Perhaps I'll make friends there.

I used to have tonnes of friends! Always something to do. People to see. Dinners to have.

I miss the old me.

Urs.

No comments: