Thursday, July 5, 2007

Morbidity

Had a dream last night that I was putting on a new dress I bought for a friends wedding (and it’s a gorgeous dress!) and when I was all together, shoes, purse, hair done, everything, my girlfriend looks at me and tells me there is blood on the dress and on my foot.

I look down and yes, there was lots of blood on my foot and a stain of it on my dress.

I was terrified I was miscarrying again. I looked at the bottom of my foot to see if I had been cut but I couldn’t quite tell. There seemed to be a little cut, but it might have been wishful thinking.

So thismorning in the shower, I broke down and started crying.

Last time I was pregnant I had a dream that I was at the house I grew up in and somebody was outside on my walkway with a bucket and I looked in and there was my miscarriage.

And about a week later, I started to miscarry.

I have a great book on dreams. I’m going to dig it out and search for blood and foot. I know dreams are pretty wild when you’re pregnant (at least mine have been), but my dreams always come true. I dream the future.

I’m terrified.

Urs.

No comments: