Saturday, September 29, 2007

Easy Ridin'

The Husband and myself are going car shopping thisafternoon.

Hope it goes smoothly.

Because nothing ever does with us.

Every time we are making a "large ticket item" purchase, we fight like cats and dogs.

The wedding? $30,000.00. We fought from beginning to end (not to mention that it wasn't the wedding I wanted. I really didn't like it much. Except for the fact that I married the love of my life. That part, I liked.)

The house? $630,000.00. Horrendous experience. Horrendous. But we loved the house. I just didn't like the fact that he got $25,000.00 from his parents without discussing it with me. Especially seeing as I do NOT have a good relationship with them. Actually I have NO relationship with them. (On the flip side, you could say we have a fabulous relationship seeing as they don't speak English.)

And now a car. We're probably looking in the $40,000.00 range. And the car is for me, not him. I'm already envisioning a nightmare. We just don't get along when we're faced with major decisions. I feel like he thinks it's "his way or the highway", because he's better at finances than I am. It's just not my thing. He also comes across that he gets more say because he makes more money than I do. The whole "bring home the bacon" thing.

He only makes $8,500.00 more than me. Really, that's not that much.

Here we go.

I shall report back.

Urs.

No comments: