Monday, June 18, 2007

A little bit pregnant.

I am feeling SO pregnant today. Not fat. Not sore. Not tired. (Well, I am tired but it’s because I was at a wedding until late last night.)

Just pregnant.

Had an ultrasound last week to ensure that it's a viable pregnancy. I just want to make sure everything is good to go because last time it wasn't. That, and the fact that my doctor is giving up her practice to go into psychology and is writing referrals left, right and centre.

It was quite the experience really. I was nervous. I was very nervous. Last time I went the baby wasn’t there and I started to miscarry 2 days later.

This time?

Success!

Everything is right on track.

And it was jumping around! Hilarious! Amazing. Something only 1.2” long was jumping around!

And then, magic happened.

I heard the heartbeat.

162 bpm.

I heard it’s heartbeat.

Beautiful. Just beautiful.

This is when it sunk in. I saw the baby. I heard it's heartbeat. It was jumping around.

I really am pregnant. And it's progressing as it should. This is the moment I started to bond. I was too afraid to before. Just in case it wasn't there anymore. But now? I'm delighted! The Husband and myself are celebrating now. We're talking about it now. We're enjoying it now.

We have a baby on the way!

No comments: