Sunday, August 26, 2007

Sporunking the Forinkers

We had a bbq last night to welcome by little brother back to town after being at sea for 4 months. He has decided to stay in the city and settle down, not to return to sea. Must be really happening as he moved his girlfriend up from Chile. He’s getting serious, I do believe, and wanting to put down roots. Good for him. And she’s fantastic. And Spanish. And there is a bit of a language barrier as she has a very thick Spanish accent and is still learning words. Words such as pendulum. Sponsoring. Sprinkler. And the list goes on. It’s very funny and she has a good time with it as well.

Sporunking the Forinkers. That is what I heard come out of her mouth when talking about employment opportunities for her. I had mentioned a bartending job that I had heard of.

“But does he sporunk forinkers?”

I'm sorry, what was that?

“Does he sporunk forinkers?”

Sporunk Forinkers?

“What did you say, Ursula?”

Sporunk Forinkers?

Amid much laughter on everyone's part... "NO. Sponsor Foreigners."

Oh. Sorry. Ooops.

So this is her introduction to the family. Me not understanding what she’s saying.

And then taking her toilet-papering.

Yes, we went toilet-papering. A guy I sometimes work with lives a few blocks from me and it was his 40th, so off we went with a 24-pack of Purelle at midnight.

Good times in the summer.

Urs.

No comments: